Volunteers are the heart & soul of Habitat for Humanity
We greatly appreciate everyone who has helped us positively transform lives, neighborhoods, and our community. People are excited about building with us because they realize it is a way to make a difference! If you’re interested in volunteering, here are several areas ... more »
- At the Build Site
- On a Committee
- Construction—volunteer your skills as a tradesmen, skilled amateur or general labourer;
- Catering—solicit and assist caterers, or provide meals for our volunteers yourself;
- First Aid—if you have a Saint John’s Ambulance certificate, you can help out on some sites;
- Site Security—keep sites secure after hours.
- Church Relations—present the Habitat message to the Faith Community throughout the city;
- Communications—if you have experience in public relations, advertising, or media relations you can help us present the Habitat message to the general public and the media;
- Construction—manage our construction activities, design Habitat homes, and acquire building materials at the lowest possible cost;
- Family Partnering—partner with Habitat families and help them through the transition from renter to homeowner;
- Family Selection—review Homeowner Applications, interview applicants, and recommend the families that will partner with Habitat to construct their home;
- Fundraising—if you have fundraising experience and/or contacts within the corporate community, among community groups, or foundations you can help us raise funds to support the Habitat program;
- Site Selection—if you have contacts among the real-estate developers, or the City you can help us maintain an inventory of developable land for Habitat homes;
- Volunteer—recruit, place, schedule, and reward our volunteers;
- Database & Data Entry—help us manage our database and help Habitat utilize the information;
- Web—if you have journalism experience you can help us write articles and send updates to our Web Designer;
- Newsletters—if you have publishing experience you can help us solicit material for our quarterly e-newsletter;
- Grant Writing—if you have writing experience you can help us search out and apply for grants and other funding opportunities;
- Appreciation—if you have good penmanship you can help us compile and write "thank you" notes to all our supporters.
- Special Events—represent Habitat at trade shows and special events. Volunteers are also needed to help organize fundraising and appreciation events;
- Garage Sale—pick up, sort and document donated items that we can sell at regular garage sales and on-line.
To volunteer with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re fortunate to be a part of a caring & involved community
Many organizations and individuals support us by becoming sponsors, making donations (cash, publicly traded stocks, bequests, and land) and attending our special events. If you or your organization is interested in donating, here are several ways to make a contribution ... more »
- Individual giving
- Corporate Sponsorship
- House Sponsorship
- Land & Development
- Gifts in kind
Everyone’s contribution is appreciated and valued. The gifts we receive and the reasons they are given are as unique as the people who give them. You can make a general donation, a donation in honour of a loved one, or a donation in memory of an individual. Donate Now ».
Building a house is a tangible investment in community development and a rewarding project for employee volunteers. Sponsorship dollars build homes in the Vernon area, helping local families and addressing the cycle of sustainability within our community. We invite all our sponsors to see their gifts in action—come and swing a hammer on our construction site. Working alongside future homeowners is an unforgettable chance to understand just what your support means. It’s also a great way for employees to develop new relationships with their co-workers, learn new skills, and help the community.
Prepared to help a family change their future, these sponsors provide the funding required to construct an entire home. Their sponsorship is recognized through site signage and printed materials, a framing day for employees plus a flexible number of regular employee volunteer days throughout the project. In many cases, our house sponsors support us annually, re-committing to the relationships and friendships that are vital to the success of our mission.
Beyond providing for a single home, donors who give at this level are often laying the foundation for a whole Habitat community.
Donations of land, building materials, and professional services help build homes. We are able to build affordable housing due in part to generous donations of building supplies and professional services made by local businesses. Also, volunteers are able to participate during framing days and in large groups because professional framers put down their hammers and become teachers.
Habitat for Humanity Vernon Chapter is pleased to provide a tax receipt based on the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Habitat for Humanity Vernon Chapter is run totally by volunteers so 100% of all donations stay in the Vernon area and are used to support our home build programs.
For more information on donations please email email@example.com